Sunday, October 18, 2015

Introducing a League: The Shiva Bowl 2

Last but not least, this is the fantasy league that got it all (re)started.  I played a lot of fantasy in my younger days, and then stopped completely.  This league, inspired by the show "The League" and started by my two brothers and Dad, brought me back into the realm of fantasy.

Years active: 4 (This is Year 4)
League Type: ESPN, Snake, Redraft with 10 Teams
Buy-in: $40 per person (Last year was $20 but we're getting srs now)
Divisions: 2
Playoffs: 6 - division winners get byes, top 4 otherwise battle it out
Scoring: Head to Head Categories with 10 categories - Points, Steals, Rebounds, 3's, Free Throw Percentage, Blocks, Assists, Turnovers, Field Goal Percentage, Double Doubles
Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, util, 3 bench, 2 IR
Depth of the League: Fairly deep for the small league size.  Sometimes you'll sneak someone decent off the wire, but it's gotten harder and harder as the league has gone on
How have I done: Playoffs every year, with one 3rd place finish sandwiched by two one and dones

Someone in my family needs to win it all this year - in three years of league we've had a non family member win the championship every time even though we make up nearly half the league.  My team's are always pretty good, but come playoff time something always goes wrong.  Let's hope this is the year that doesn't happen.

Also, like hockey, I barely watch it and I'm still figuring out how to handle it via fantasy.  I like multi-position guys and this year I hope to focus on one solid big to build around since there's just the one C spot.  We'll see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment