Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday Late Afternoon Quarterback: Recapping my Fantasy Week

I had four active leagues this week, my three football and one hockey (technically my baseball keeper is active, but I wasn't able to talk trades at all.  Overall I went 4-0 this week, and here's a brief breakdown of what went down:

The Toby Bowl: Faced a former blogging buddy, and whooped him 91-66.  Chris Ivory continued to lead me with 25 strong points, while Tom Brady (22) and Gio Bernard (13) chipped in as well.

Despite my 91 score, I actually made a lot of bad moves this week.  Cairo Santos (5) was an awful plug 'n play, Antonio Brown (2) continued to look awful with Roethlisberger out, and I left Alshon Jeffrey (20), Keenan Allen (15), and Sammy Watkins (10) on my bench.

Show us your tds: Easy win, came out ahead 91.52 to 67.94.  Andy Dalton beat his projection, Brandon McManus went for over 14 points, and Gary Barnidge (who I added this week) scored 2 touchdowns.  I had Jeffrey on my bench here too, but the guy I was facing had Santos and Brown plus a lot of scrubs which gave me an easy win.

Worst Team Ever: GOTTA LOVE BYES!  A week after Doug Martin essentially lost me a game by himself, the Bucs were on bye and I paced the league with -4 points (all from Andre Ellington).  I faced the worst team in the league, who scored -47 points due to Tom Brady, Matt Forte, and James Jones.  The win brings me to .500, which is nice!

Free Candy: Last but not least, the hockey league.  Week one I won 8 categories and lost 3, and my 8-3-0 record puts me 2nd in the league.  Ryan Miller has started tremendously at me for goalie, and I'll need him to keep it up if I have any hope this year.  My offense was all Steven Stamkos and Ryan Johansen, though Jonathan Drouin and Ryan Getlaf threw in some good work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment