Sunday, October 18, 2015

Early Game Fantasy Thoughts

Welcome to my first piece of fantasy thoughts!  I'll do these when I have time on football Sundays after watching games, and will denote different individual players as follows:
Green highlights for guys you should trade for or add.
Yellow highlights for players to put on your watch list.
Pink highlights for injury concerns.
Orange highlights for players I would try to trade away
Red highlights for players I would bench or cut.

Games I watched: Cincinnati-Buffalo, Denver-Cleveland Overtime

Cincy-Buffalo thoughts:

Man the Bengals look AWESOME.  It started slow, but Andy Dalton and company really killed it late.  I know A.J. Green, Tyler Eifert, Jeremy Hill, and Giovani Bernard are all owned in most leagues, but Marvin Jones needs to be owned as well if someone doesn't have him already.  Pick him up if he isn't taken.  He's a little all or nothing as the 3rd option at best in this offense, but he's been more all lately (and had 13 targets today).  That Cincy defense though...not a fan of them lately.  They let the Bills do too much, and they suffered some injuries today.

As for the Bills, E.J. Manuel was bad as expected.  LeSean McCoy finally looked a bit like his old self, and Sammy Watkins had a great touchdown catch but hurt himself on the catch.  I traded for him in one league in hopes that he'd eventually get over injury, but it may be time to cut bait if he can't get through these injury issues.  I'm just benching him for now, but I'll be fielding offers to see if anyone likes his potential.


Denver-Cleveland OT thoughts:

Peyton Manning just can't do it this year.  He's definitely worth benching in any and all leagues, if not cutting.  I know one team in my league recently traded for Tyrod Taylor to start over Manning.  Who would have thought that going into the year.

Additionally, Emmanuel Sanders hurt himself bad on an almost catch in the 4th quarter.  He came out for the first play of Overtime but looked so hurt.  Sanders owners - be prepared for a few weeks without this guy.  But definitely hold onto him.

With Cleveland, Josh McCown is so hit and miss.  He's an okay QB to stream against bad defenses, but the Broncos defense isn't bad.  That being said, he has been a godsend for Gary Barnidge.  Two more TDs for the guy today, and if he's still on your league's waiver wire you need to pick him up.

I was disappointed with Robert Turbin this week.  I added him in my shallow league to take a flier, and he looked pretty rough.  I'm still holding on to him though, as he's got a good opportunity and could get hotter with more game play.  I wouldn't start him yet, but he's worth keeping around.

Other players of note from the early games: 
- Matt Stafford finally had a nice game, albeit against a bad defense.  Maybe someone will take an interest in your league?
- Landry Jones looked very good against a good defense - gotta wonder if he'll see some time with Roethlisberger and Vick hurt, and if so will he keep helping out Martavis Bryant.  There's a real good chance Roethlisberger is back next week though, so temper those expectations.
- Lamar Miller finally looked okay in the Dolphins win today.  He's probably owned in your league, and if you own him I'd try to trade him as I don't see this success staying around.
- Alshon Jeffrey looked great in his return from injury.  If someone impatiently cut him in your league (someone did in both of my leagues), put in a waiver claim NOW as he should have a great rest of the season (Luckily I had already added him in both leagues so I'm good).

No comments:

Post a Comment