Sunday, October 18, 2015

Introducing a League: show us your tds

This is a Blowout League that I was talked into joining last minute.  It sucked early - the draft was done without any of us knowing and the commissioner just said whatever.  But my waiver wire ways are helping me do well anyways...

Years active: 1 (with a great chance that this will be a one and done)
League Type: Yahoo, Snake, Redraft, with 10 Teams
Divisions: 1 big one
Playoffs: Top 4 teams
Scoring: Head to Head Points
Positions: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, D/ST, K, 8 Bench
Depth of the League: Fairly Poor - A lot of guys have been semi-active to inactive because of the draft.  As a result, I've been able to add Andy Dalton, DeAngelo Williams (when that was a good thing), Chris Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Brandon McManus, and Gary Barnidge.  That shouldn't happen in a football league.
How have I done: First year, but so far so good

After the draft fiasco, considering I don't know anyone in the league for real, I was tempted to phone it in.  But I stayed active for week one, and 2-3 other guys did too, and now there's like 5-6 of us vying for the throne.  It's not a deep league, but it is fun to be on top, and so far I'm 4-1.  Additionally, the guys who are active in this league are a lot better than most of my favored Toby Bowl league - so the competition is good even if the league isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment